WIC is a health and nutrition program that helps pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants, and children (up to age five) eat well and stay healthy.
To be eligible for services, a woman must:
- Live in Macoupin County or Surrounding Areas
- Be pregnant, a new mother, or have a child under five years of age
- Meet the income guidelines
For specific income guidelines and additional information about WIC, click here
WIC services available for qualifying participants include:
- Assessment of nutritional needs
- Nutrition counseling and a variety of learning opportunities
- Coupons to receive nutritious food (food packages vary depending on certification category)
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
- Hemoglobin Testing
- Immunization referral
- Access to Blood Lead Testing and Lead Poisoning Education for eligible participants
- Referral to Car Seat Check Ups by certified car seat technicians
- Referral to Healthy Families Illinois Program which is a home visiting program designed for first time moms.
- Linkage to other important programs
- Referrals to other health and social service agencies such as Maple Street Clinic and Morgan Street Clinic
- Access to fluoride varnish treatments for eligible participants
The WIC office is located at 1115 East Morgan Street, Carlinville, IL 62626
Call 217-854-7272 for more information about any of the above services or to make an appointment.