The Macoupin County Public Health Department was established in 1983 by the Macoupin County Board and is governed by the Macoupin County Board of Health. When it began, it had only one site and nine employees. Today there are more than 100 employees working in four different sites.
Our Mission Statement
The Macoupin County Public Health Department believes that good health is a valuable right of all individuals, groups and the community. We are dedicated to serve and work with the people in the community to prevent disease, to promote wellness and to protect the health of the residents of Macoupin County. The Macoupin County Public Health Department will carry out this mission through:
- Assessment and analysis of health conditions
- Development of local health policies
- Prevention and control of disease through health promotion, early intervention and health protection
- Where applicable, enforcement of state laws and local ordinances pertaining to health
- Assurance of access to personal health care services
- Minimizing the adverse impact of diseases and disabilities
- Conducting programs in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health certification
standards for local health departments
- Coordination and planning with other entities for a comprehensive community health system
We now take Care Credit! Click HERE for more information.
Are you one of our valued patients? We want your feedback!
Please click HERE or scan the QR code to complete our patient satisfaction survey.
Your responses are anonymous and very important to us!
Questions? Call us at 217-313-5078 Email questions to [email protected].