How You Can Prepare Your Home and Family for a Disaster:
- Winter Preparedness Checklist
- Building Your Disaster Kit
- Preparedness For Your Animals
- Functional Needs Preparedness Tips
- Functional Needs Planning Brochure
- Picking Up the Pieces after a Disaster
For more information regarding how to protect yourself and your community from a public health emergency or for more emergency response information, access the following resources:
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency
- Ready Illinois
- American Red Cross
Tornado, Flood, Earthquake Procedures
MCPHD collaborates with Macoupin County and community agencies and volunteer groups to address public health emergencies and natural and manmade disasters. This collaboration has resulted in the Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan for Macoupin County. This document outlines the hazards which pose the biggest risk for Macoupin County residents and pre-event mitigation activities which will be conducted to minimize the impact that these hazards will pose.
All Hazards Planning and Preparedness
Earthquake Preparedness Guide.
For more information regarding how to prepare for an earthquake, Click Here
American Red Cross Tornado Safety Checklist. For more information regarding how to prepare for tornadoes, Click here
Flood Preparedness and Response Resource Guide.
For more information regarding how to prepare for floods, Click Here
Winter Storm Preparedness Guide.
For more information regarding how to prepare for winter storms, Click Here