Through funding from the Area Agency for Aging of Lincolnland, the Macoupin County Public Health Department offers services for residents who are 60 years and older.
- Take Charge of Your Health: Live Well, Be Well
- Take Charge of Your Diabetes
Other services include:
- Monthly Cholesterol Screening Clinic and other preventative screenings
- Flu and Pneumonia Vaccines
- Shingles Vaccine
- Transportation Program
- Macoupin County Maple Street Medical Clinic
- Morgan Street Clinic
Matter of Balance Workshop
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. You will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Matter of Balance Workshop includes eight sessions. Each session lasts 2 hours and are held twice a week for four weeks. This is a free program with donations accepted.
Macoupin County Public Health Department sponsors the workshop with funding from the Area Agency on Aging for Lincolnland. For more information or to register contact Megan Weston at 217-839-4112.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls Volunteer Lay Leader Model ©2006
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. ©1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.
Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006. American Society of Aging.